Back to Blog

Attached are the Sales and Listings Stats updated to the end of July 2015. July sales volume in Greater Vancouver were the highest since May 2009 and the fourth highest since 1988. New listings in July were the lowest since January of this year and continuing a trend of decreasing as the year progresses. These factors combined are creating a lack of supply in a market with strong demand. Greater Vancouver sales were down 9% to June 2015 and up 30% to July 2014, and up 35% to July 2013. Total Active Listings are down 25% to July 2014 and down 30% to July 2013. While the last half of July showed a decline in the amount of sales per day, activity is still strong for this time of year and a lack of supply is providing buyers with the difficulty of finding the right home and competing against other buyers in the market.

 

West Side and East Side of Vancouver Detached Markets saw sales decline from June by 44% and 43% respectively. While West Side Vancouver Apartments increase of 3% in July compared to June. Richmond was one of the better performing markets with the same level of sales in July compared to June. Burnaby and Ladner similarly saw a strong month of sale in July compared to June.  

 

Sales and Listings Stats Houses Townhouses Condos July 2015

 

Sales and Listings Stats All Regional July 2015 

 

Here’s a summary of the numbers:

 

Greater Vancouver: Total Units Sold in July 2015 was 4,038 – down from 4,444 (9%) in June 2015, up from 3,111 (30%) in July 2014, up from 2,986 (35%) in July 2013; Active Listings are at 12,559 compared to 16,838 at this time last year and 13,231 at the end of June; New Listings in July 2015 were down 12% compared to June 2015 and up 3% compared to July 2014; Month’s Supply of Total Residential Listings is steady at 3 Months (Seller’s Market) and a Sales to Listings Ratio of 77% compared to 74% in June 2015 and 61% in July 2014.

 

Vancouver Westside Residential: Total Units Sold in July 2015 was 806 – down from 884 (9%) in June 2015, up from 597 (35%) in July 2014, up from 572 (41%) in July 2013; Active Listings are at 2,103 compared to 16,838 at this time last year and 13,231 at the end of June; New Listings in July 2015 were down 6% compared to June 2015 and up 5% compared to July 2014; Month’s Supply of Total Residential Listings is steady at 3 Months (Seller’s Market) and a Sales to Listings Ratio of 76% compared to 78% in June 2015 and 59% in July 2014.

 

Vancouver Eastside Residential: Total Units Sold in July 2015 was 391 – down from 467 (16%) in June 2015, up from 360 (9%) in July 2014, up from 326 (20%) in July 2013; Active Listings are at 838 compared to 1,159 at this time last year and 888 at the end of June; New Listings in July 2015 were down 14% compared to June 2015 and down 2% compared to July 2014; Month’s Supply of Total Residential Listings is steady at 2 Months (Seller’s Market) and a Sales to Listings Ratio of 79% compared to 81% in June 2015 and 71% in July 2014.

 

North Vancouver Residential: Total Units Sold in July 2015 was 285 – down from 339 (16%) in June 2015, up from 225 (27%) in July 2014, up from 223 (28%) in July 2013; Active Listings are at 592 compared to 972 at this time last year and 675 at the end of June; New Listings in July 2015 were down 23% compared to June 2015 and down 13% compared to July 2014; Month’s Supply of Total Residential Listings is steady at 2 Months (Seller’s Market) and a Sales to Listings Ratio of 93% compared to 86% in June 2015 and 64% in July 2014.

 

West Vancouver Residential: Total Units Sold in July 2015 was 110 – down from 132 (17%) in June 2015, up from 94 (17%) in July 2014, steady compared to 110 in July 2013; Active Listings are at 620 compared to 740 at this time last year and 629 at the end of June; New Listings in July 2015 were down 21% compared to June 2015 and down 1% compared to July 2014; Month’s Supply of Total Residential Listings is up to 6 Months (Balanced Market) and a Sales to Listings Ratio of 54% compared to 51% in June 2015 and 46% in July 2014.

 

Richmond Residential: Total Units Sold in July 2015 was 543 – down from 546 (1%) in June 2015, up from 409 (33%) in July 2014, up from 407 (33%) in July 2013; Active Listings are at 1,836 compared to 2,442 at this time last year and 1,909 at the end of June; New Listings in July 2015 were down 8% compared to June 2015 and up 1% compared to July 2014; Month’s Supply of Total Residential Listings is up to 3 Months (Seller’s Market) and a Sales to Listings Ratio of 71% compared to 65% in June 2015 and 54% in July 2014.

 

Comments

No comments

Post Your Comment:

*indicates required fields.
Your Name:*
Please note, your email will not be shown publicly
Your Email (will not be published):*
Comment:*
Please type the text as it appears above: