Why President David Peerless is putting his pedals to the metal to conquer cancer, and how you can help.
At Dexter Realty, we’ve got a long history of supporting our communities and our agents, working to do our part to improve everyone’s lives. And our Managing Brokers are always ready to lead the charge.
President David Peerless is especially committed to raising funds for cancer research and encouraging people to get on a bike (for the obvious health benefits).
The Ride 2 Survive fits both those goals perfectly.
This year David is participating for the third time. It’s simple. He wants to raise funds to invest in cancer research. Having lost too many loved ones to the disease, taking part in fundraising initiatives is how he knows we’re making a difference for those who are fighting to survive—and to remember those who have succumbed.
So what does it mean to Ride 2 Survive?
- Participants ride from Kelowna to Delta—which includes climbing an incline of 12,000 feet—all in one day!
- 100% of the funds are donated! (Riders and volunteers pay for the event costs on their own, so no administration fees are deducted from funds raised).
- The grueling one-day ride is meant to reflect on a single day in the life of a cancer patient undergoing treatment—that’s why it’s really, really hard.
- Participants are either cancer survivors, or deeply affected by those around them currently facing the fight of their lives.
- Riding starts in Kelowna at 3:30AM on June 22nd 2019 and ends at our destination in Delta that same day around 11:00PM. (Last year it took 20 hours in very windy conditions).
David and his fellow riders do this approximately 20 hour, one-day ride because it can make a difference.
We hope you’ll support David’s ride and donate to the Canadian Cancer Society’s ongoing research efforts. To contribute, please go here: http://convio.cancer.ca/goto/DavidP
Post Your Comment: